ScanVox is an easy-to-use software which, combined with a scanner, allows you to read printed documents, by scanning them and then browsing their content thanks to a speech synthesis.
At any time, it is possible to navigate through the text, pause and then resume reading.
Future functionality : save of documents.
To use ScanVox, you must have a Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 computer, with speakers or headphones, and a TWAIN or WIA compatible scanner, which is the case for most scanners.
ScanVox comes in 2 versions :
• ScanVox, free application available on the Microsoft Windows Store. This version requires Windows 10 and a WIA scanner.
• ScanVox +, free application downloadable from our website. This version requires Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 and a TWAIN or WIA scanner.
During installation, if you get a message from Microsoft Defender, click on 'More information' and then on the 'Run anyway' button.
All ScanVox updates are free and automatically installed, regardless of the software version.
When the application starts, ScanVox welcomes you.
You can then simply interact with the application, thanks to the 4 arrow keys on your keyboard.
The Up and Down arrows allow to select a software functionality, the Left and Right arrows to choose one of the options of the selected functionality.
If no action on your part is detected within 3 seconds after selecting a feature with the Up and Down arrows, the application informs you of the options available for this feature.
You will find a summary of the commands offered by ScanVox in the table below :
• You can scan several pages in a row. The software notifies you as soon as it has finished scanning and analyzing a page so that you can reposition your document on the scanner, to start scanning a new page.
• At any time, you can cancel a scan in progress by pressing the Left arrow.
• You can place a document on the scanner by reversing it: ScanVox will automatically reposition it in the right direction.
• ScanVox automatically detects your scanner, meaning that if you have several scanners, connect only the one you desire to use.
• If ScanVox does not detect any compatible scanner, while your scanner works correctly with other applications, it is certainly that you are using the generic driver of Windows 10, which is therefore not optimized for your scanner. Download the driver for your device from the manufacturer's website and install it on your PC.
• If you are not yet equipped with a scanner, no need to choose a high-end product... Multifunction scanners (printers-scanners, starting from € 30) are perfectly suitable and are often cheaper than simple scanners (from € 60), because these are the best-selling products !
Thanks to Manon Pasquet & Tom Leon for helping us translate ScanVox into English...